CANCELLED – Feb 9 – Experiment|Experience: Campus Art Museums in the 21st Century
We regret to inform you that this event has been cancelled due to illness. We are sorry to cause any inconvenience to anyone who was planning to attend. We hope to be able to re-schedule this panel discussion for a later date.
Date: Thursday, February 9
Time: 5:30 pm
Location: UM Museum of Art (Helmut Stern Auditorium)
What sets university and college art museums apart from other art institutions? What is the responsibility of art in shaping our institutional and political futures in higher ed and beyond? With their engaged audiences and potential for dialogue across diverse fields of knowledge, university museums can play a distinct societal role. In this panel discussion, three museum directors will consider these questions by presenting initiatives and exhibition projects that have challenged the status quo of art museums – on and off campus.
- Christina Olsen – Director, Museum of Art, University of Michigan
- Maurita Poole – Director, Newcomb Art Museum, Tulane University
- Anne Goodyear – Director, Museum of Art, Bowdoin College
- Ferran Barenblit – Visiting Professor, STAMPS, University of Michigan
- Kerstin Barndt – Director, Museum Studies Program, University of Michigan