Registrar Specialist – Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
The Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) is a leader in traveling exhibition services, known both nationally and internationally for its exhibitions on culturally specific topics. For over 65 years, SITES has informed, engaged and inspired millions of visitors through exhibitions that diffuse knowledge and catalyze critical conversations on issues affecting our nation and the world.
SITES will soon begin recruiting for an experienced Registrar Specialist at the GS-11 level (salary range between $68,036 and $88,450 per year). The position will be located in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Between 3-5 years’ experience serving as a Registrar, Exhibits Coordinator, or Museum Specialist in a museum or cultural institution preparing exhibitions for display and managing the registration process.
- Detailed knowledge of the full range of museum registration practices and procedures.
- Ability to develop concept plans and specifications for exhibition development and production.
- Knowledge of the legal standards for documentation of museum collections, and handling, fabrication, and shipping requirements.
- Effective oral and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with diverse teams of professionals.
SITES and the Smithsonian Institution actively seek to recruit, hire, promote, and retain a diverse workforce – one that welcomes and engages people from every background. Our diversity is our strength, and we value staff members whose wide-ranging backgrounds further our ability to engage and impact 21st century audiences.
The position will be posted on USA.jobs within the next few months. Anyone interested in receive a link to the posting once it goes live should send an email request to SITES-Hiring@si.edu. Please do not send resumes, cover letters, or attachments with your request.
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday November 16th, 2018