Manager of School and Teacher Programs – Museum of Jewish Heritage (New York, NY)
Manager of School and Teacher Programs
Museum of Jewish Heritage
Under supervision of Senior Manager for Curriculum and Instruction, this position is responsible for:
- Planning and implementing professional development for teachers in public, Catholic, and independent schools, including budget proposal and oversight, program evaluation and reporting, and writing applications for NYC DOE P-credit when appropriate.
- Supervising Scheduling and Outreach Coordinator, whose tasks include group reservations, outreach, bus reservations, databases and software maintenance, financial responsibilities relating to reservations, pre-visit materials, teacher outreach fairs, and visitation statistics reports.
- Working with supervisor to develop outreach materials and organize outreach mailings, eblasts, etc.
- Assisting in trainings of Museum Gallery Educators and interns.
- Writing and editing final reports on programs and department website content.
- Drafting financial and narrative reports to funders.
- Administrative tasks include writing and editing Board notes, event registration, updating outreach databases, registering new teachers for Coming of Age website.•Other responsibilities include leading tours as needed, assisting with tour group entry, and other duties as assigned.
3+ recent years as a full-time NYC DOE classroom teacher; strong knowledge of Jewish history; MA or MS in Education, History, Holocaust Studies, or Museum Education; excellent writing skills, teaching, organizational, budget, and interpersonal skills; as well as computer proficiency.
Application Info: Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Tammy Chiu
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 646-437-4367
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday December 15th, 2017