Manager, Education Projects – The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (New York, NY)
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive individual to join us full time as the Manager of Education Projects. Reporting to the Vice President of Education and Evaluation, the Manager of Education Projects works closely with all divisions of the department including School and Teacher Programs; Access Programs and Accessibility; Community Engagement and Family Programs; Out of School Time Programs; and Public Tours and Talks to develop and oversee departmental operating procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing new processes and refining existing processes to maximize efficiency of office operations.
- Supervising two full-time staff members (the Education Coordinator who executes school group reservations, and the Administrative Assistant) and one per-diem member who assists with school group check-in.
- Overseeing and supporting the Education Coordinator through all stages of the school group reservation process and ensuring that information about scheduled groups is communicated to Museum educators and other departments as appropriate.
- Building and maintaining all education-related areas of Tessitura, the Museum’s ticketing database and CRM, on an ongoing basis.
- Representing the department during Tessitura user group meetings to ensure that department processes are meeting standards of data integrity and supporting Museum efforts to collect and report on data.
- Ensuring department leadership is aware of and meeting deadlines/following protocols for submitting materials including purchase requests, marketing content, event production notes, etc.
- Working closely with the finance department to ensure that department revenue is being recorded accurately.
- Tracking and analyzing spending in order to reconcile accounts with finance department’s records and make recommendations during budgeting periods.
— Resource Management
- Ensuring that all department calendars are up to date in order to coordinate the use of spaces, materials and other resources within the department.
- Working with the Education Coordinator to gather staffing needs from all department divisions and ensure the scheduling of all Per-Diem Educators.
- Communicating with other Museum departments about upcoming education programs and finding solutions when those programs may impact or be impacted by exhibits or maintenance work, other events, etc.
- Scheduling and recording notes/deliverables for departmental team-lead meetings and full education department meetings
— Collaborating Across the Museum
- Representing the education department during inter-departmental meetings regarding regular Museum operations, large-scale events, upcoming exhibitions, etc.
- Other duties as required by management.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience as a project or office manager. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team member with strong written and verbal communication skills who is able to work collaboratively across departments with colleagues embodying a variety of expertise and working styles. He/she must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ideal candidates must have demonstrated professionalism, problem solving ability, flexibility and skills in time management, budget tracking and multi-tasking. Candidates should have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience using Tessitura, knowledge of procurement processes, and/or knowledge about NYC DOE programs and offices are a plus. Multi-or bi-lingual a plus.
Salary: salary range: $49,000 – 52,000
Post expires at 5:00pm on Monday November 27th, 2017