Executive Director, Ella Sharp Museum (Jackson, MI)
Ella Sharp left an amazing legacy in 1912 when she willed her farm and land to the City of Jackson to create a park and museum. In 1965 it became the Ella Sharp Museum. Renovations from the Jackson Junior Welfare League converted Ella’s house from living space to a thriving community museum. Today the museum operates 11 buildings on six acres. The Hadwin Center connects seven galleries featuring changing art, science and history exhibits of Jackson history, wildlife art and a beautiful clock collection. Tours of Ella’s farmhouse and family friendly shows at the Hurst Planetarium are also part of the museum’s public offerings.
- Minimum of five years successful lead experience in a nonprofit or for-profit organization.
• Demonstrates successful experience in fundraising, program development, organizational growth, strategic planning, and working effectively with a Board of Directors.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills in their previous employment.
• Is a charismatic, relationship-oriented candidate with connections, or ability to quickly create connections, in the community that will promote the goals and mission of Ella.
• Has experience in budget planning, development and execution of a budget working collaboratively with staff and Board of Directors.
• Has high ethical standards including: integrity, transparency, accountability, respect, flexibility, responsibility, openness, and honestly
• Is committed to diversity and equity and treats all people with respect and dignity.
• Is a skilled communicator within the organization and has the ability to communicate the mission and vision of the Ella Sharp Museum in the Jackson/Southern Michigan area and successfully able to recruit volunteers and expansion of services to individuals in our area.
• Is able to recruit, develop and retain an effective team focused on the mission of the Ella Sharp Museum.
• Is a data-driven, research-based decision maker with a positive focus on what we can do as an organization.
Qualified applicants may apply by sending current resume, cover letter and four individuals that we may contact for reference checks. Please include name, email and cell phone information. All information should be sent to Linda.email@example.com.
Complete details can be found here. Application deadline: August 9, 2021.