Associate Curator of Native American Art, Hood Museum (Hanover, NH)
Position title: Associate Curator of Native American Art
The Associate Curator of Native American Art is responsible for research and documentation, exhibition, and teaching with the Native American collection, and participates in the collection’s preservation and growth. The Associate Curator of Native American Art participates as part of a cohort of professionals, including a Native American art fellow and an undergraduate intern, in support of teaching and learning with Native American art at the museum and Dartmouth.
Skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of curatorial practices, research and methodology.
• Knowledge and understanding of museum ethics and principles.
• Ability to write effectively.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to operate in a team-based working environment.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Two years minimum museum experience building and working with collections.
• Demonstrated record of scholarship and discernment in acquisitions, exhibitions, and/or publications.
• Ability to deal with a wide range of audiences and stakeholders.
• Record of organization and preparation of special exhibitions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Anthropology, or related field with an emphasis on Native American Art and Culture;
• Masters or Ph.D preferred.
Full details can be found here: https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/44161
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday January 19th, 2018