Apply to join MSP!
The Museum Studies Program is currently accepting applications for the 2018 Cohort. The program is a 12-credit certificate program (plus funded practicum) that immerses students in the theory and practice of working with objects, the stories they tell, and the places where they reside. Applications are due Feb 24, 2018.
Participation in the MSP Certificate provides:
- The opportunity to interact with graduate students from 11 U-M colleges and dozens of academic disciplines who share an interest in museums and memory institutions.
- A chance to think about your work from outside of your discipline.
- Tools for learning how to translate your disciplinary knowledge, skills, and expertise into new applications and for new (and larger) audiences.
- The opportunity to go behind the scenes of some of our more than 70 regional museum partners to learn about museum issues and careers and be part of capstone projects that directly contribute to their work.
- Support for a funded three-month practicum in a museum of your choice, anywhere in the world.
- Eligibility to apply for a fellowship of up to $10,000 to support doctoral research that address, in whole or in part, museums or related memory institutions.
- A network of more than 150 MSP graduates, now working in museums, archives and universities across the country.
- The opportunity to meet one on one with national and international museum leaders who come to U-M as MSP visiting scholars.
- Skills, knowledge and hands-on experiences that will enhance your post-doctoral employability inside and outside the academy.