Academic Programs, Assistant Curator of Education (Snite Museum of Art – Notre Dame, Indiana)
The Academic Programs, Assistant Curator of Education is responsible for integrating the Snite Museum of Art into Notre Dame campus life. The individual will support student use of the Snite Museum and will advocate for Museum programs across campus. Specifically focused on engaging students outside of their coursework, this staff member will develop and implement programs and engagement opportunities for individual students, student groups, and residence halls. This includes coordinating, overseeing, and supporting the Snite Museum Student Advisory Group as well as other established student initiatives. As a liaison between the Snite Museum and campus, this individual will work collaboratively with other campus units supporting both student life and a culture of interdisciplinary, inquiry, and creativity on campus.
- Develop a creative, mission-driven strategy that values authentic experiences with original works of art to position the Museum and its collection as a vibrant part of campus life.
- Manage Student Advisory Group. Design and implement processes for recruiting and selecting participants; provide support during Student Advisory Group meetings; and oversee the group’s initiatives to ensure they are consistent with Snite Museum mission, priorities, and goals.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with student groups and campus partners. Share the Museum’s resources and align missions with partners to achieve mutual goals and to develop meaningful collaborations.
- Create informal co-curricular opportunities for students to experience the Museum and its collection in diverse ways. (For example, Yoga in the Galleries and Mindfulness Meditation, presently co-sponsored with RecSports and the McDonald Center for Student Well-Being.)
- Foster community among the cohort of Snite Museum student employees, interns, and volunteers and serve as student-life advisor for Museum colleagues. (For example, organize Museum staff/student welcome lunch at the beginning of each academic year, and provide opportunities for students to meet with artists, scholars, and curators.)
- Manage weekly emails and other communication strategies, including social media, to advertise Museum opportunities to students. This includes working with student graphic designer to develop digital and print advertisements and announcements. Document Museum activities with still images, video, and audio recording. Gather and share statistics on student engagement with the Museum.
Bachelor’s degree in art, art history, education, arts administration, or related field. One to two years experience working with college students and/or experience working in an art museum. Familiarity with teaching through art.
Master’s degree in art, art history, education, arts administration, or related field.
Posting closes June 30, 2017
Details and application information can be found here: https://jobs.nd.edu/postings/9074
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Indiana
Post expires at 5:00pm on Friday June 30th, 2017